1. Customer Acknowledgement and Acceptable of Terms
BY USING THE COMETNINE SITE AND SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE AND ALL OTHER APPLICABLE DOCUMENTS. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, PLEASE EXIT THIS SITE NOW. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE COMETNINE WEBSITE OR ITS SERVICES, YOU MAY STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THE PARTICULAR SERVICES. YOUR AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE BECOMES IMMEDIATELY EFFECTIVE UPON YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES.
2. Services Offered by CometNine
CometNine offers a variety of services to its customers which will be referenced as "Services", or "Service" in this TOS. You are solely responsible for providing any equipment necessary for access or use of the services, including a computer, modem, and Internet access - including any expenses.
CometNine reserves the sole right to modify or discontinue any part of the services, at any time, with or without notice. We reserve the right to cancel, suspend, and terminate any account without refund for failure to comply with the Agreement. We will not be held liable to you or any third party should we exercise this right.
- i. Backups generated on our Shared & Reseller Hosting platform may be deleted after 15 days from the server at our sole discretion. We recommend downloading your backups and removing them from your hosting account.
- ii. For Shared & Reseller Hosting services, the terms "unlimited" and "unmetered" are based on fair use which is defined by our experience with similarly situated customers. In other words, your use of any unlimited resource, including but not limited to disk space and bandwidth may not exceed that of similarly situated customers. The following are prohibited: (a) streaming content, (ii) managing very large photo galleries, (iii) storing large amounts of uncompressed or full-size digital images, (iv) online FTP services, (v) distribution of large audio and video content such as MP3 files, (iv) online backups (for example, storing your desktop/laptop computer backups on your service with CometNine, (iiv) storing & serving any content and files which is not directly related to your website. Under this Agreement, you agree that we may remove any prohibited files or materials from our servers at any time at our sole discretion without notice. We also reserve the right to delete any of the listed file types below if we find they use an excessive amount of disk space, especially if it is affecting other customers: (i) cPanel or other backup files, (ii) Softaculous backups stored locally, (iii) Softaculous backup temp files, (iv) Any website backup files, regardless of the source of generation, (v) Any website backup temp files, regardless of the source of generation (vi) Any backup logs, regardless of the source of generation, (vii) any excessively sized error logs, (viii) any other large files deemed unnecessary for your core websites functionality. In all cases, what is considered an excessively sized file, log, item shall be determined at our sole discretion.
- iii. To ensure the integrity of our Shared Hosting platform has a limit on the number of inodes (files) you can store:
- Starter: 250,000 Inodes
- Pro: 500,000 Inodes
- Max: 750,000 Inodes
CometNine takes great pride in offering the fastest hosting experience possible. To achieve the performance metrics you expect, CometNine may perform automated scans of your website to detect which (if any) caching plugins are in use. Should no caching solution be detected, CometNine reserves the right to apply a server-compatible caching solution on your website. For example, in cases of WordPress users, CometNine may install the LSCache plugin where it is deemed compatible with your website.
Customers have the right to opt out of any automated cache plugin installations by contacting our support team stating such.
3. Free Domain Policy
CometNine may offer a complimentary free domain registration on select plans and billing cycles, as advertised on each applicable plan. Applicable domain extensions will be stated on the website as and when they are available.
The free domain registration offer is only applicable at the time of initial signup and can not be added after you have submitted your order.
In the event you cancel your web hosting account and claim a refund as part of our 60 Day Money Back Guarantee, you will be refunded 100% of your initial payment minus the current listed price of the domain extension.
As per ICANN policies, any domain names registered can not be transferred away from CometNine until a minimum of 60 days have elapsed since the registration date and/or renewal date.
4. Free Trial Policy
Where advertised, CometNine may offer free trials for limited time periods as specified in each promotion. Free trials are strictly limited to one per person. Registering for free trials under different names, email addresses, alias etc. is prohibited and may result in all your accounts being suspended and/or terminated with or without notice.
Have a Question?
We are here to help! Read our knowledge base, or send us a message.